Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sundance 2012 – Days 10 & 11

So for the final weekend of Sundance 2012, I took it a bit easy. I had planned to get out to a screening or two, but ended up packing and making sure I could get everything fit into my suitcases.

Now tonight was also our Midnight Team Dinner! It’s always great to take a night when our entire team can sit down, relax and enjoy a meal and hang out sharing stories. I’m blessed and so honored to have predominantly the same men and women fight to come back and work with me year after year. We are truly one amazing family!

Now Saturday nights films were films we has already screened earlier in the festival. Our 9:00 PM screening was ‘This Must Be the Place’ Dir: Paolo Sorrentino, which we screened on Day 7, and our Midnight Screening was ‘Excision’ Dir: Richard Bates, Jr, which we screened on Day 3. One new note I will make is about the short film before ‘Excision’, ‘LAZAROV’ Dir: Nieto. The film did screen before all the screening of ‘Excision’, but I wanted to save the review. The film is look at a secret Soviet program working on reincarnating a dead chicken. It is a very odd look at this experiment that has a hysterically odd outcome. It might only have one camera angle, but it works so perfectly for this interesting film.

The other even that happens on this Saturday night, but because of my shift I never get to attend is the Awards Ceremony and Party. We always look for the list of winning films, not only to if our guesses were correct, but to see what film we would screening on Sunday.

Sunday, my Team’s shift started at 2:00 PM and went until just after 7:00 PM. The 1:30 PM film ‘5 Broken Cameras’ Dir: Emad Burnat & Guy Davidi was the World Cinema Documentary Directing Award Winner! Our 4:30 PM film ‘Teddy Bear’ Dir: Mads Matthiesen was the World Cinema Directing Award: Dramatic Winner.

Once ‘Teddy Bear’ was over, that was it… The 2012 Sundance Film Festival had come to an end for the Egyptian Theatre. We packed up our supplies, turned in our keys and said good bye to our home on Main Street!

Until Next Year! Bring on Sundance 2013!

No comments: