Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sundance 2013 Pre-Fest

It’s that time of year, when the air is cold and I head to what I have come to call My Summer Camp! That’s right!  I’m spending two weeks at the Sundance Film Festival.

I always head out a few days prior to the fest starting for my manager training.  Amongst all the training, I am able to catch up with friends I usually only see here and if my time allows, catch a volunteer screening or two.  This year I did get to see both Tuesday Night Volunteer screening.

The first screening was ‘Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes’ by Director/Screenwriter: Francesca Gregorini.  This was a narrative feature about a troubled young woman dealing with her own loss and struggles that clings to the troubled neighbor who just moved in, helping her deal with her own struggles.
The second screening was ‘Valentine Road’ by Director: Marta Cunningham.  This is a documentary about a young boy shot during school, how everyone reacted and the vastly different views about the entire situation from both sides.

I am planning on writing review for each film I screening and adding them either here or on a new film review site I will be launching soon.  If you all have a preference, please let me know.

For now, I’m off to get this party started! Check back for more updates!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

check this out youve had your identity stolen on this website, i started chatting to this guy, googled the name and it came up with you!! this is the website its like an antiquated facebook! http://en.netlog.com/anthony_cabral
to contact me if i am right and he is an impostor then my email address is leannehunt1@ntlworld.com.