Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

I know I need to get caught up on my Weeks in Review and give you all a lot more information about what projects I have in the works. Some of you know, and I will be telling everyone over the course of the next few weeks, as things fall into place. But this blog entry today is not able those things. I am going to look at 3 very related things that are THE most important to me at this immediate time.

The Good: Well, some of you know and some don’t. I do officially get to go work on the feature film ‘Confined’ in North California for several weeks. I almost had the opportunity taken away because of various factors, but just the other day the message came that I was going to work.

The Bad: Well, just a day late and several dollars short is a great way to explain my travel plans to California. I have to get myself out there, and tickets were cheap, totaling about $125 for the one-way. But that was the day before I got confirmation I was going. I checked yesterday and, OH YEAH, the cost now is over double that. And I looked into the Priceline Name-Your-Own-Price-Thing and you have buy round-trip tickets. You can’t just buy one-way. So know I still need to figure out how I am going to get to Northern California. Any help on that ticket would be GREATLY appreciated.

The Ugly: And finally, it started off and another thing to piss me off before I left town. If you read my earlier car-related blog, you know that every time I get ready to leave town, my car decides to take a turn into the crapper. Well, last night it died on my way to the radio show I do in North St Louis County. I had to get the car towed to the service shop my dad and I use, which luckily was only about 2.5 miles away. Thanks to my radio show team who helped bail me out of that situation. But the call came in just after 10 AM this morning. I was told that my car was past the point of fixing. Yep, that means: I NEED TO BUY A CAR! So, the hits just keep on coming.

I don’t know about any of you, but I do believe that bad things happen to good people. My mom and I have been looking at this topic for years, but I know it be true today. I am not trying to get ahead at someone else’s expense, I am just trying to work my way up to where I need to be in the difficult industry I choose as my career. I gave up on trying to get some hand out to get ahead and I don’t think the world owes me something, but I would like to be able to work my way up without something extreme in a different part of my life just kicking me back down. Is that TOO much to ask?

No comments: