Friday, March 28, 2008

THE END OF AN ERA

It truly is the end of an era. For just about 3 and ½ years, I ran the front door of Club Buca in St. Louis, Missouri. Well, if you haven’t heard yet, I NO longer work at Club Buca. From what I was told, the owner, Tony L. wants to "make a change at the door" and wants more “consistency”. I’m not sure what is more consistent than the same doorman for over three years, but, who knows. I know that in the past few months I have taken more and longer breaks from the club in order to work on various film productions. But I remember the same person telling me “As long as you come back (to Buca), you will always have a job.” I guess you can’t trust anyone’s word anymore.

I would like to thank all the wonderful co-workers and friends that I have made over the years, especially Dave, the General Manager. Dave and I have always has immense respect for each other, and I thank him for all he has done for me over the years.

I would also like to thank all the friends I have made by simply working the door. You all have kept me smiling and re-affirmed that the world is NOT entirely made up of assholes.

Now I am not saying I will never return to Buca for fun or to visit, and many of you will still see me at other venues in time. I am not moving or leaving St. Louis, I will just no longer be in my common post at the door, where all of you have known you can come, say hi, and chat. In fact, I’m not even saying that I will be leaving the nightclub industry entirely. I have a few friends searching right now for a new club for me to work at, and I am gladly taking any suggestions. I admit that I need to make some money, and kind of quick.

I know that many of you have heard me say that I will leave the bar industry in the near future, and I still plan for that to be a reality. But I didn’t plan for it just yet, and I truly planned to stay at the one club I felt the most at home.

Thanks for the fun and the memories!

No comments: