Friday, January 16, 2009

Kicking Off Sundance 2009

So, I will be once again giving you all my daily updates of how the 2009 Sundance Film Festival goes for me.

I arrived on Monday, which was an adventure in itself. I got to the East Terminal in St. Louis, which is normally easy to get through security at. There is primarily only one airline that uses that terminal, Southwest, so lines are always shorter. Not when I got there. I actually got through security a few minutes past the flights departure time. But for some unknown reason the plane was still at the gate. To make a long crazy story short, they put the jetway back out and opened the door back up, just for me. Whew! Barely made that one.

Since arriving in Utah, I’ve pretty much been training and getting my theater, the Egyptian on Main Street, ready for the festival. Once again, I am the Midnight Manager with my AWESOME team returning to back me up as usual. We actually were the team that worked (assisted the Press Department) on Thursday with the Opening Day Press Conference. It was nice to see Mr. Redford and hear what he had to say about the Film Festival’s 25th Anniversary.

Thursday Night I spent finishing up final touches on the Theater. It’s amazing how little things can take so long to get worked out. I did make it over to the Library Theater to see one of the Volunteer screenings. I was able to see ‘Lymelife’ by director Derick Martini. The film starred Alec Baldwin, Rory Culkin, Kieran Culkin, Jill Hennessy, Timothy Hutton, Cynthia Nixon and Emma Roberts. No the stars were not at the volunteer screening, but the film was great. I will write a review later and post it for you all to read.

The bad thing about Park City this year is that for some reason is that AT&T has TERRIBLE connections this year. I’ve heard from a few locals that problems on their network started in Park City around Christmas. It’s bad. I’ll have full bars and cannot make or receive calls or texts until minutes or hours later. It is REALLY killing me. Hopefully it will not cause me too many problems or cost me any important and timely information.

Well, I am part of the way through Day 1 (Friday, January 16, 2009), so I’ll post what happens today, later tonight or, most likely, tomorrow. Have a great night and I’ll talk to you all later. And if you are in Park City, please stop by the Egyptian Theater on Main Street any night after 10 PM and say “Hello”.

No comments: