Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Farewell to Famous

Yep, that’s right. I’m saying Farewell to Famous… Avenue that is. As of Monday, February 23 I NO longer live on Famous Avenue in St. Louis. I, like so many others have given in to the economy and moved back to my parents’. OK… I know there was several of you out there who thought I should have moved A LONG time ago, but now is not the time for any ‘I told you so’s. With work slowing to damn near a stand still and not having a roommate, I just could not afford my two-story house. It is sad and I feel like I have lost a huge part of my life. I lived there for over three years and that house has A LOT of very wonderful memories.

Now, however, I will focus on getting myself financially stable, getting out of debt, and consolidating myself. DAMN, so I have a lot of stuff. I was making huge strides in cleaning un-necessary paperwork and other stuff out of my life prior to moving, but I just ran out of time. So I have to take time and continue the purge, one plastic tub at a time.

Also, I know it isn’t cool to be my age and living in my parents’ basement, but rest assured this is only a temporary situation. I plan to work as much as I can, pay off all my bills and save as much money as I can. Plus, while living here I can jump on projects anywhere in the country with little worry about my stuff or any bills. Once I am financially stable, I’ll either jump into my own place back down in St. Louis City or make that huge leap out to one of the coasts. Yeah, it sucks, but I need to work and make more money; and if I have to do it, I have to do it.

Also, I know this Blog is coming about a week and half later than I expected. This move and everything leading up to it has had me very frazzled. As I get situated, I am trying to get myself back on track. All these living situation problems fell in my lap only a few days after I returned from Sundance. I still do plan to post a wrap up blog for the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. I’m sure there are a lot of you that wonder why I didn’t post daily like I did the past two years. It was a crazy year and I should have that post up in about a week.

Thanks to all of you who helped my physically move. I do GREATLY appreciate it. Also, thanks to those of you who have given me all the verbal support you have. Your inspiring words are helping me not feel like a failure, which is a little hard to do right now. I’ll make sure I get more frequent updates written, including my Sundance wrap up. Thanks again and I’ll talk to you all soon.

No comments: