Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1… Really? Where did 2011 go?

Seriously, I have been busy. So busy that I’ve been neglecting my blogging and getting you all caught up on what I’ve been doing. I thought I would take a moment before today ended to give you a little info.

I’m currently finishing up work on the feature film ‘The Philly Kid’ in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I’m the 2nd AD on this show. Previous to this film, I was the 1st AD on the feaure film ‘Vampyras’ in Columbia, Missouri. It was the fourth feature film produced by Mizzou. There is a lot of amazing student talent that came out of that crew! I look forward to working with a lot of them again. I’ve also served as a Production Assistant on ‘Redneck Wedding’, ‘Best Thing I Ever Ate’, and a Bus 9 Produced Commercial shoot; 1st ADed a different commercial ; and assisted a colleague in producing a couple music videos either by loaning equipment or being right there on hand for him. Plus, I was able to attend the Tom Malloy Film Financing Seminar in March. You know me… Never stop learning! Of course, I started the year with Sundance, but you already knew that.

It has been an amazing year so far for work! And, I have had the great pleasure of not only working and making a living doing what love, but also being able to help teach and mentor quite a few people along the way. There is big news in very near future, but until everything is signed on the dotted line, I don’t want to jynx anything. But when I can, I’ll let you know.

Well, I hope that helps get you all caught up. I look forward to being back in St. Louis this coming weekend. I’ll be back to my side job at Bobby’s Place Sports Bar in Valley Park, MO while I’m in town. So be sure to drop by and see me starting next week. With some time planned to be home for a while, I’m finally going to get the ball rolling on a few things I’ve been pushing off until I got the time. Well, it looks like that time is now… Details to come.

No comments: