Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One Door Not Fully Opened…

Today was supposed to be the start of a new adventure. Today was supposed to be the beginning of a filmmaking class I was supposed to teach. The class would have been at St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley and been twice a week for six weeks. I was eager and ready for the chance to instill the passion for filmmaking that I have and help new filmmakers begin their own journeys. However, the class did not get enough enrollments on the schools end, and was cancelled. I would have promoted the class and helped encourage people to sign up, but I was waiting on confirmation that everything was signed, sealed and delivered before I opened my mouth about it. I’ve had too many opportunities fall through and by opening my mouth too soon I look foolish. So I sat back and let this one roll on. Well, sadly, it didn’t happen. The possibility is there for another class in the future, probably next summer. I can’t commit to the fall or spring semesters because I move around frequently from project to project. This class was nice, short and sweet: six short weeks. Look like this is one adventure I’ll have to wait on.

There is other news on the way… so check back…

1 comment:

mark said...

Sorry to hear about that Tone. You would have been great...but look at it this way, now you can focus on working with some other great projects!