Saturday, December 6, 2008

Week of Ups and Downs

I got back on set this week. I worked as the First Assistant Director on a short film, ‘Stiletto Kittens’. It is the Senior Overview Project for Erin Marie Hogan. I’ve worked with Erin and her boyfriend Nick on several projects over the past few years, and it was a pleasure to work with them again. Also, I was able to work with several other local crew members who I’ve worked with in the past. It was definitely nice to get back on set and do what I love to do.

The down side of this week is that I found out that the board at St. Louis Community College is not going to consider my application to become a part-time instructor at the Florissant Valley Campus because I do not have a Masters Degree. Even a friend, who asked me to apply for the job, doesn’t agree with the schools decision. My experience of over a decade should amount for something. Especially in a field like video production that requires more hands on experience, than book smarts. So it doesn’t look like I’ll be teaching in 2009.

All I can do is wait and see what the last few days of 2008 hold in store for me. I do have BIG news coming tomorrow, and, of course, I’ll be doing my Year in Review at the end of December. So check back.

No comments: