Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012 – Fast Out of the Gates

So, I know it’s overdue, and I apologize to you all, my friends. I have actually been so busy since the start of the year; I’ve basically been playing catch up since the year began. Quick update on what I’ve been doing so far, and I feel funny saying so far, it’s only January 19.

After ringing in the New Year with my brother Bill at his amazing bar 1839 TapHouse in Columbia, MO, I headed straight back down to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Yes, I’m still working as a Production Assistant on the A&E TV Show ‘Breakout Kings’! It’s actually the first time I’ve had such a full time gig right at the beginning of the year. I am very blessed and thankful!

Of course, right now I’m in Park City, Utah for the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. Yes, I was able to get 2 weeks off from the show to keep my amazingly long streak going with Sundance. This is my 13th year working Midnights at the Egyptian Theater! Seriously, 13 years!

Now, I’m already planning out my schedule during the film fest and it’s getting very full. I do plan to return to something I did a few years ago. I’m going to write a blog per day, recapping and highlighting my adventures, the films I screen and the panels I learn from. So be sure to check back daily.

Now, I know I promised info about what I have planned for this fast paced New Year. Basically, I do plan to seek out as much work as I can find. However, I am also planning to produce and direct two shorts this year. I promise to give you all more information about the films and the team I plan to use in the coming days and weeks. Also, I’m going to be posting my fundraising campaign online very soon. Basically, I’m going to crowdsfund my short films. More details on that in later post as well. For now know this, you can help my projects come to life! And I look forward to all your assistance.

OK, back out into the wilds of Park City I must go. Today we kicked off Sundance 2012 with the Press Conference at the Egyptian Theatre. I’m sure you all will see news coverage of it tonight. I’m actually going to attend tonight’s screening of Shorts Program 1 at the Egyptian. I figure I should see what other short filmmakers are doing in their shorts, so that I can help make mine better. Tomorrow, I’ll recap Short Program 1, as well as talk about the French Canadian Film ‘Monsieur Lazhar’, which I screened in a volunteer screening.

Ok, talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments: