Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sundance 2012 – Day 3

I’ll admit, today I let myself start off a little lazy. I actually couldn’t drag myself out of bed until shortly after Noon. There were a couple panels on distribution and crowdsfunding I wanted to attend, but it wasn’t my sleeping in that caused me to miss them. I actually headed to the Egyptian Theatre to assist the daytime crew with the Time Warner ‘Power of Story’ Panel. The panel was moderated by Soledad O’Brien from CNN and panelists were Nick Fraser, commissioning editor for Storyville; Sheila Nevins, President of HBO Documentary Films; and Robert Redford himself. As you can guess, I was there to assist with Mr. Redford’s arrival and Departure. After the panel, I stuck around and assisted the Theatre until my shift began at 8:30 PM. Our shift tonight was very smooth. We had two screening on our shift: the New Frontier Program film ‘An Oversimpification of Her Beauty’ Dir: Terence Nance at 9:00 PM and The Park City at Midnight Film ‘Excision’ Dir: Richard Bates, Jr at Midnight. Both films were packed with fun audiences and entourages.

OK, gonna work to regroup myself and get back on track tomorrow. Talk to you then.

PS - Yes, I know I still need to finish and post Day 2. It was actually a very busy day. I'll get it up ASAP. Sorry for the Delay.

No comments: