Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sundance 2012 – Day 6

Still fighting off the sniffles, I woke up later than expected. I wanted to get over and see Shorts Program 3, but that didn’t happen. I am working to still fit it into the rest of my screening schedule though.

Now, I was able to meet up with friend, producer and manager, Jeffery Silver. Jeffery was one of the producers on ‘The Philly Kid’ which I worked on in the Spring of 2011. We were able to sit down, catch up and he asked about what I had on the table for 2012. He loved my two short film ideas, which really helps me stay motivated to get our crowdsfunding campaign up and running sooner than later. So please be on the lookout for that.

Later in the afternoon, I was able to meet up with another friend and colleague, Tony Nawrocki. Tony was my 2nd AD on ‘The Frontier Boys’ in early 2010 up in Charleviox, Michigan. He and I have actually been able to catch up here and there in passing, but this time we were able to catch a screening together. It was the 6:00 PM Egyptian Theatre Screening of ‘Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie’ Dirs: Tim Heidecker & Eric Wareheim. OK, this is one of those movies that will either be loved or hated; it’s funny or it’s not; and quite often, goes WAY TOO FAR! But it’s definitely Tim and Eric’s style and within those parameters, they do NOT disappoint. I will admit, there are a few parts that grossed me out and I felt went too far… But, that’s just my 2 Cents.

Tonight’s two screenings on my shift were at 9:00 PM ‘Kid-Thing’ Dir: David Zellner and at Midnight ‘Wrong’ Dir: Quentin Dupieux. Now, I didn’t get to watch ‘Kid-Thing’, but the short before it ‘Don’t Hug Me, I’m Scared’ Dirs: Joseph Pelling, Rebecca Sloan, I did get to watch. It was interesting and cute with a VERY dark an unexpected ending. You’ll have to watch it get what I mean. I’m not spoiling it! Then at Midnight, I actually got sucked into the film and went ahead and watch it, well the majority, minus popping out to handle something or the other. ‘Wrong’ is an interesting film, all around. Now, it’s in the World Dramatic category, but shot in English and in California, but the director is French. The story about a man living his odd life while searching for his lost dog, as a lot of weird twists and oddities go on around him that are hard explain. It is truly an ODD film. I’m really not sure how to react to it. It wasn’t bad, actually quite good, just ODD.

OK. There is Day 6! I think I’m pretty well caught up. I’ll write Day 7 later today. Thanks and don’t for get to comment!!!

No comments: