Friday, October 10, 2008

What an EH October!

So it has been too long since I’ve written a blog and caught everyone up to date on what I’ve been up to. Hmmm… Where should I begin?

First, I had a few freelance gigs in September. There were a couple of quick corporate shoots and a Charter Cable commercial, where I met and worked with Erik Estrada. There is a picture with Erik from set in my photo gallery if you haven’t seen it yet. Also, I worked on a national reality TV show. I really can’t say which one yet, but I will say it was definitely an adventure. I also helped the Paranormal Task Force of Missouri start shooting their documentary, ‘Legacy of Shadows’, which is about Zombie Road and the surrounding area. I should have some pics from that shoot online very soon.

I’m getting set to go back to Springfield for Homecoming at Missouri Sate. I’m trying to finish up a short video for my fraternity, Tau Kappa Epsilon, which shows a little of the history of our chapter over the past 59 years. Now, I would like to have been a lot more motivated and had a longer video, but it’ll be OK.

As for my motivation, I have been quite sedated. I haven’t wanted to do much of anything. My focus and concentration have definitely been missing these past few weeks. I believe it to be a combination of things. It’s kind of a cross between a lack of work, shortage of money and still dealing with some personal things in my life.

So now I’ve identified the problems I’m having, and as a good student of success, let me see if I have the solutions. For my lack of work, I am finishing up a Freelance List for the city of St. Louis and surrounding area. Once completed, I will have a list of almost every production company in St. Louis that hires freelance production personnel. And yes, I will have submitted my resume to them all. I will be making the list available to friends and colleagues who ask. Also, some great, close friends and colleagues and I are applying to as many feature films as we can. The more we apply to the better chance we have of getting one, or six. Oh yeah, I also was offered an AMAZING opportunity that will be fall back plan for the spring. As things move forward, I’ll give you all the details then.

Next, my shortage of money is kind of an illusion. I actually have a decent sized accounts receivable right now, but I NEED the money to be received. Plus, I know that with the freelance list and my ‘day job’ at the bar I work at, money will be getting better, all be it slowly.

And finally, all I’ll say about my personal situation is that I’m quite lonely. Too much time to stop and think about the past has me in a bit of a tail-spin. I greatly appreciate my friends who have listened to me and tried to help. I know I can be quite stubborn. I’ll make it, I think… And that’s all I’ll say about that. Anyone who wanted more specific details, feel free to write or call.

Well, I have to get back to work now. Thanks for listening, or I guess you were reading. I really am trying to be better and post more often. Talk to you all again soon.

No comments: